Monday, March 17, 2008

Handspun grey shawl




I have been working on shawls lately. The last 2 I have done on the yellow KK. The one I did with my fawn girl Gracie and some ribbon yarn and it was just square in shape. I will have to get a pix to add at a later date! Sorry! This second one I have done in a triangular shape by simply increasing on one side and then decreasing back down. It was a knit pattern another alpaca farm had given me and I just thought I would give it a whirl on the looms! :-) I had some rose grey handspun alpaca that I had bought from my friend and fellow farmer, Kathy Bromley. I thought it would be perfect for a shawl and it really is a beautiful color and texture for this shawl. It is a silver grey in some light but in other light you can see the rosey-goldish cast. It isn't complete just yet, I am adding a simple trim around and then some tassels. Here is the WIP though.

No comments: