Saturday, October 17, 2009

Homespun

I have been doing a bit of spinning and I wanted to share some of my creations with you! As you can see, I like the novelty type yarns with a lot of visual interest! :-) The one if the middle I am extra fond of. I used a fawn roving and I placed some of my cria clippings from Alagaesia's Heartbreaker (AKA "Lovie") onto it when I was spinning it. This is great as his fleece was SOOOOO nice but being his newborn clipping, it is tecnically to short to have it processed at the mill into yarn. I have done some felting with it but was really happy to get it into some yarn too!

3 comments:

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

I'm so glad you posted this! Alpaca breeders are always trying to figure out what we can do with those super soft, silky cria fleeces! You hate to ditch them - but you're right. Even most fiber artists tell you there's not much you can do with them. It made a beautiful yarn, and I bet it's unbelievably soft!

Thanks for sharing with Fiber Arts Friday!

Anonymous said...

Hi There! What beautiful yarns you have spun. I love to spin and blend cria fleece and I honestly think that some fiber artist say they can't do anything with them because they can't get them..just an opinion. According to many fiber artist, you can't spin the wool off of a meat sheep..Suffolk is a meat breed and most Pendleton garments are made from Suffolk. Keep working with those cria fleeces. I love your Blog and look forward to reading more. - MaLinda

Silverstah said...

Oh, these are GORGEOUS!!! I love seeing all those natural colors playing so nicely together!